Learn from fun, interactive workshops.
This weekend, two-day training summit features nearly 16 intense hours of practical help, research, and advice on how to improve your Student Government and how to become more effective and influential on your campus.
The conference is being held at the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, 13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32821.
2022 Conference Schedule
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Conference Registration & Buffet Breakfast
- Discovery Room Foyer (Conference Registration)
- Applebee’s Restaurant (Buffet Breakfast)
9:00 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. – Welcome
- Michael A. Cadore, Sr., Ed.D., Emcee
9:20 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Break
9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. – Training Block I
- A 13 Steps to a Super Student Government – Butch Oxendine
- B Vulnerability: The Real Super Hero for Student Government – Edson O’Neale
- C Knowing When and How to Call Someone Out: Confronting Members within the SG – Suzette Walden Cole, Ph.D.
- D FOR ADVISORS Good Leadership Needs H.E.L.P. (Honor, Encouragement, Loyalty, Professionalism) – Michael A. Cadore, Sr., Ed.D.
10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Networking Break
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Training Block II
- E The 25 Worst Mistakes Your Student Government Can Make – Butch Oxendine
- F I Made It, I am in Student Government, Now What? – Edson O’Neale
- G Inclusive SG Leadership: Tackling the Difficult Conversations – Suzette Walden Cole, Ph.D.
- H FOR ADVISORS Be an Uncle M.I.K.E. (Mentor-Inspire-Knowledge-Encourage) – Michael A. Cadore Sr., Ed.D.
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch
Discovery & Magic Rooms
1:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – ASGA Halftime
1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. – Training Block III
- I How to Make Students Care About Your SG: Create “Signature Programs” – Butch Oxendine
- J NEW WORKSHOP Extending Governments Across the Nation – Edson O’Neale
- K FOR ADVISORS Advising 2.0: Navigating and Negotiating Institutional Politics – Suzette Walden Cole, Ph.D.
- L Doing the Most: Talented and Overextended (Part 1) – Rasheed Ali Cromwell, Esq.
2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Networking Break
2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Roundtables
- Senators, Representatives, Judicial Branch, and Committee Members – Discovery Room
- Presidents & Vice Presidents – Magic Room
- Secretaries and Treasurers – Wonder Room
- Advisors – Adventure Room
3:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. – Networking Break
3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Training Block IV
- M How Your SG Can Connect With Students: Survey Them! – Butch Oxendine
- N NEW WORKSHOP FOR ADVISORS Infusing Cultural Humility into Your Advising Practice – Suzette Walden Cole, Ph.D.
- O Doing the Most: Talented and Overextended (Part 2) – Rasheed Ali Cromwell, Esq.
4:45 p.m. to 4:50 p.m. – Break
4:50 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Raffle
5:00 p.m. to ? – Dinner, entertainment (on your own)
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Buffet Breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Training Block V
- P How to Improve Your SG’s Web & Social Media Presence – Butch Oxendine
- Q Lost in Translation: Communication, Non-Communication and Everything in Between – Rasheed Ali Cromwell, Esq.
- R NEW WORKSHOP Magnus Principles: I am, You Are, We Are Magnus! #Greatness – Michael A. Cadore Sr., Ed.D.
10:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Networking Break
10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. – Training Block VI
- S What Can Your Student Government Really Accomplish? Choose Realistic Goals – Butch Oxendine
- T Impeachment: The Last Frontier – Rasheed Ali Cromwell, Esq.
- U Student Government is a Bunch of C.R.A.P. (Communication-Respect-Attitude-Professionalism) – Michael A. Cadore Sr., Ed.D.
11:15 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. – Break
11:20 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. – Wrap-Up & Raffle
- Rasheed Ali Cromwell, Esq., Emcee
- “The Importance of Your Student Government” – Butch Oxendine, ASGA Founder & Executive Director
- Ultimate Connectors Raffle (return your evaluation form to enter)
Workshop Guide & Descriptions
- 2022 Workshop Guide & Descriptions coming soon